Special property steel is manufactured as per GOST 3836-80 .
- hot-rolled rounds per GOST 2590-88 ;
- hot-rolled squares per GOST 2591-88 ;
- forged rounds and squares per GOST 1133-88 .
The steel gauge should comply with norms as follows:
- first digit – class by pressure shaping treatment (1 – hot-rolled or forged, 2 - calibrated);
- second digit – type by silicium content (0 – unalloyed steel, without specified ageing coefficient ; 1 – unalloyed steel with specified ageing coefficient );
- third digit – group by the main standardized feature (in our case this is the 8th group);
- fourth and fifth digits – value of main standardized characteristic (for the 8th group this is the value of coercitive force in integral units).
Grades: 10880, 10895 etc.
Digits in the grade designation denote:
For more details see GOST norms & Technical Requirements section.