Hot-rolled steel sheets of standard quality are delivered as sheets, coils with cut and uncut edge, and subdivided into:
- plate steel (4-160 mm thickness) manufactured per GOST 14637-89 .
- sheet steel (0.5-3.9 mm thickness) manufactured per GOST 16523-89 .
According to its standard characteristics, hot-rolled plate & sheet steel is subdivided into:
- plates - into 6 categories: 1-5 in hot-rolled condition , 6th - hardened.
- sheets - into 5 categories.
By rolling precision: А – high-precision; Б – standard precision.
By flatness: ПО – very high flatness, ПВ – high flatness, ПН – standard flatness.
By surface finish quality into groups: III – higher finish, IV – standard finish.
Hot-rolled low-alloy sheets are manufactured in accordance with GOST 19281-89 4-60mm thick.
Depending on the type of metalware and thickness, hot-rolled low-alloy sheets are manufactured from such steel grades as 09Г2, 09Г2С, 09Г2С-12, 17Г1С, 17Г1СУ, 10ХСНД.
Chemical composition - GOST 19281-89 .
This type of product is used in welded, riveted and bolted structures, on the whole, without any additional heat treatment.
- plates 4-160mm thick made per GOST 1577-93 .
- quality carbon structural steel - GOST 1050-88 ;
- alloyed structural steel - GOST 4543-71 ;
- carbon and alloyed spring steel - GOST 14959 .
- sheet steel manufactured per GOST 16523-89 with thickness up to 3.9mm inclusive.
Quality hot-rolled structural steel is supplied in sheets, coils, and subdivided into:
Chemical composition of steel complies with:
Depending on characteristics to be standardized , the rolled stock is made in 3 categories.
Depending on characteristics to be standardized, the rolled products are made in 6 categories.
By surface finish quality – into groups: III – high quality finish, IV – standard finish.
For more details see GOST norms & Technical Requirements section.