Electrodes for manual arc welding are up to 450 mm long rods from electrode wire with a coating layer, a mixture designed to boost arc stabilization, protect against adverse air impact and to provide metallurgical treatment of the welding bath.
- У – for welding of carbon and low-alloy structural steels;
- Л – for welding of alloyed structural steels;
- Т - дfor welding of alloyed thermally stable steels;
- В - for welding of special property high-alloy steels;
- Н - for weld deposition of special property surface layer.
Metal electrodes for arc welding of steels and weld deposition are manufactured according to GOST 9466-75 .
By their application, coated electrodes for manual arc welding are subdivided into following groups:
According to the type of coating the following electrodes are to be distinguished: acid - А, base - Б, cellulose - Ц, rutile - Р, mixed type, other coating types - П
Electrodes are manufactured with diameters 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 6.0.
For more details see GOST norms & Technical Requirements section.